The video preview shows the Allan Longprimer 53 Highland Goatskin and not the Allan Longprimer 52 Meriva Calfskin Edition. The type of leather and style of yapp are different (only a semi-overlapping yapp on the Meriva Calfskin), but all of the study features and text / cross reference examples will be the same in this bible.
Quite Possibly the Finest Large Print Bible Available, this beautiful edition of the 52 Longprimer is bound in a soft Red Meriva natural grain calfskin with a generous semi-yapp cover, and is leather-lined in navy split calfskin, with gilt line round the inside of the case, and features double-sprayed red under gold art gilt page edges and three navy blue ribbon markers with white head and tail bands.
Revised edition includes our distinctive 8pp Presentation Page and Family Record as well as 32pp of navy feint rule Allan notepaper in addition to the dictionary of proper names, subject index, concordance and 16 pages of Oxford Bible maps.
First printed in 1952, the King James Version Longprimer Bible is a sumptuous, traditional reference setting of the Authorized Version. Developed by Oxford University Press and now published exclusively by R. L. Allan, it has for many years been our flagship Bible, renowned the world over for its clarity of type and our beautiful bindings.
Our latest Longprimer printings hark back to a vintage copy of the classic Longprimer, printed in the period 1952-1958 under Charles Batey, then Printer to the University of Oxford, returning to a page image that is much closer to the original intentions of the typesetters. This new-old page image retains the large, clear type of the Longprimer we all know and love, but has a crisper letter form and less of the broken type and 'spread' that mark out much-used letterpress typesettings subsequently transferred to film and, only more recently, to digital scans.
Printed on best quality highly opaque 36gsm India Paper * Large, crisp black letter type * 100,000 centre column chain references with dates above * Three navy blue ribbon markers * Red under gold page edges * 16 pages of full colour Oxford Bible maps * Concordance, subject index and dictionary of proper names * Exclusively available in Allan's fine leather bindings.
- Large Print 11pt. bold Longprimer font
- Red Meriva Calfskin Leather
- Semi-overlapping yapp cover that is leather-lined in red split calfskin with gilt line round the inside of the case
- Best Quality writable India Paper
- Smyth-Sewn Pages for extreme flexibility
- Presentation Page and Family Records
- Red under Gold Gilded page edges
- 3 Navy Blue ribbon markers
- 100,000 center-column chain references with dates above
- Subject Index
- Dictionary of Proper Names
- 16 pages of Oxford Bible maps
- 32 pages of navy ruled Allan notepaper
***Fits Deluxe Genuine Leather Bible Cover L.
Add Name Imprinting for $30:
Please Note: All RL Allan orders with name imprinting can take up to 10 additional business days to ship.
About R.L. Allan & Son Publishers:
R.L. Allan Publishers, established in 1863 in Glasgow, Scotland, is a world renowned bible publisher and leather manufacturer. From the birthplace of King James himself come some of the finest premium leather KJV bibles on the planet. These extraordinary KJV Bibles now have a home at The KJV Store for the first time ever.
All Allan Bible covers are "lined to the edge” style with genuine leather linings. Carefully joining the cover to the Bible, using several flexible components, eliminates restrictions and stress points often found in paste-off or glue-bound methods. This unique style of binding offers the utmost flexibility, thus allowing your Bible to withstand years of continuous use. The “leather-lined” binding is what sets these apart from anything by Cambridge, Oxford, or other traditional publishers.
R.L. Allan Bibles are so renowned that they have been appointed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth as official publishers of the King James Authorized Version in Scotland where the Sovereign holds the perpetual copyright. The license of which can be seen on the "Look Inside" images above.
R.L. Allan Bibles are shipped via UK Royal Mail with FREE DELIVERY to the U.S., CANADA, and UK!
- FREE UK Royal Mail Shipping from London typically delivers to the U.S. and most destinations in 2-3 Weeks.
- FedEx 2nd Day Air Shipping for 2 Day Delivery is also available in the U.S. and Canada.
- UK Royal Mail Traceable is available to Customers Outside of the U.S., Canada, and UK for $50 Per Item.
- Please note. R.L. Allan is closed on Fridays and are 6 hours behind The KJV Store C.ST., as such, all orders placed Thursday morning or later will not be shipped until the following Monday at earliest. This includes FedEx 2nd Day Air orders.
***Please note that the FREE Royal Mail shipping option is Not Traceable, therefore no Order Tracking will be provided on the Free, Non-Traceable UK Royal Mail Service. Customers will still receive a shipment notification after which they can expect delivery within 2-3 weeks. Please allow additional time during the Christmas Season.
***Please note that any R.L. Allan returns will need to be returned to the UK.