Only $27.27 Per Individual Volume!!
8,300+ Total Pages!!
(An Average of 750+ Pages Per Book!!)
Author: Dr. David Sorenson
The Understanding the Bible - 11 Volume Commentary Set has one purpose: to help the reader understand the Word of God. Understanding the Bible seeks to accomplish what Nehemiah wrote, “So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading” (Nehemiah 8:8). Correspondingly, Understanding the Bible endeavors to give the sense of any given passage of Scripture and to help the reader to "understand the reading". This 11 Volume Set is one of the most comprehensive KJV Bible Commentaries available. It is Dispensational, Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Pre-Millennial, and KJV / Traditional-Text Based!
The author and editor is David H. Sorenson, B.A., M. Div., D. Min. Dr. Sorenson is a third-generation fundamental Baptist preacher who in preparation for this work has read the Bible through over 200 times. He is a pastor, church planter, soul winner, church builder, and a widely-read author whose writing style is eminently readable.
It’s important to distinguish that Understanding the Bible has not been written for scholars or academia, but rather for pastors and Christian workers who are right out on the firing line and in the trenches of ministry. Nevertheless, scholarship and accurate exposition of the Scriptures are intrinsic. Sunday School teachers, church staff, Christian school teachers, home schoolers, and any student of the Word of God will also find Understanding the Bible to be most helpful.
- Introductions to Each Book of the Bible
- Entire Text of the King James Version Bible included in Bold Font
- Commentary for every single verse of the KJV Bible included in Standard Font
- Words in Original Languages Used where Applicable
- 11 Sturdy Black Hardcover Volumes
- Smyth-Sewn Pages for Flexibility and Durability
Understanding the Bible is unique in that it is:
- Dispensational in theology
- Pre-Tribulation Rapture
- King James/Traditional-Text Based
- Baptism by Immersion
- Six-Day Literal Creation
- Literal in Hermeneutics (Biblical Interpretation)
- Concise Style of Writing
- Discreet Use of Original Languages
- Tackles Difficult Passages
- Comprehensive and Expositional
- Useful for Pastors and Laymen
In Distinction To:
- Covenant/Reformed in Theology
- Mid or Post Tribulation Rapture
- Post or Amillennial
- Modern/Critical-Text Based (Westcott & Hort)
- Baptism by Sprinkling
- Theistic Evolution or Gap Theory
- Allegorical Hermeneutics (Biblical Interpretation)
- Verbose or Cryptic Writing Styles
- None or Overbearing Use Thereof
- Avoiding Difficult Passages
- Technical, Homiletical, or Exhaustive
- Useful Only to Academicians
Individual Volumes Include:
1. Genesis through Deuteronomy (1,007 Pages)
2. Joshua through II Samuel (639 Pages)
3. I Kings through Esther (857 Pages)
4. Job through Psalms (841 Pages)
5. Proverbs through Isaiah (715 Pages)
6. Jeremiah through Ezekiel (815 Pages)
7. Daniel through Malachi (523 Pages)
8. Matthew through Luke (873 Pages)
9. John through Romans (789 Pages)
10. I Corinthians through Philemon (683 Pages)
11. Hebrews through Revelation (571 Pages)
Top 5 Things We Love About This Commentary:
1. Contains the entire text of the King James Version Bible and is like having an 11 Volume KJV Study Bible.
2. Unique 11 Volume Design keeps you from losing your place.
3. Allows you to study Multiple Volumes and Multiple Passages of Scripture at the same time.
4. Good for focusing in on a single Volume or Book of the Bible and for In-Depth Study on the go.
5. It's as KJV, KJV, KJV and Conservative / Fundamental as it gets for Whole Bible Commentaries.
The Understanding the Bible commentary set contains a whopping 8,300+ Total Pages spread across 11 Hardbound Volumes. That's an averaage of over 750 pages per volume! There is no other commentary set available today which is comparable to it. It is a new and refreshing commentary on the Word of God, and this project has been in the making for over ten years.
About the Author:
The author and editor is David H. Sorenson, B.A., M. Div., D. Min. Dr. Sorenson is a third-generation fundamental Baptist preacher who in preparation for this work has read the Bible through over 300 times. He is a pastor, church planter, soul winner, church builder, and a widely-read author whose writing style is eminently readable.