An easy-to-learn, easy-to-use tool for in-depth Bible study
With a patented reference system beloved and acclaimed for more than five generations, the Thompson® Chain-Reference® Bible is unparalleled in its ability to enrich personal devotions, topical study, and sermon preparation. This easy-to-learn, easy-to-use system enables you to see the breadth of Scripture’s teachings on thousands of topics. With over 100,000 references listed in the Bible’s margins, covering over 8,000 topics, the chain-reference system is an ideal tool for comprehensive topical study. You can also expand your Bible study with even more tools, including biographical sketches, an archeological supplement, and outlines of each book of the Bible. The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible allows Scripture to interpret itself without commentaries.
- Full text of the King James Version (KJV)
- Easy to understand Chain-Reference System with over 100,000 references in the margins
- References cover over 8,000 topics, each with its own pilot number for exhaustive topical study
- Complete alphabetical and numerical indices listing all 8,000 topics with corresponding pilot numbers and Bible references for comprehensive topical study
- Bible study aids such as biographical sketches of the most prominent people in the Bible, an archeological supplement, glossary, concordance, Bible harmonies, and outlines of each book of the Bible
- Key Verses and Key Thoughts provide basic information you can use to develop your own study
- Verse Analysis shows the topics and themes of every verse and provides easy reference to other verses with the same topics or themes
- 16-page full-color map section
- Words of Christ in red
- Satin ribbon marker
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Gold gilded page edges
- Leathersoft™ cover lies flat when open
- 9.6-point type size
Dr. Frank Charles Thompson was a young preacher in the late 1800s when he became disappointed with the reference Bibles being used by preachers. Dr. Thompson believed Bible study tools should be presented in a simple but scholarly way. He saw the need for a well-organized reference Bible that would be of practical use to the lay reader as well as to preachers. In 1890, Dr. Thompson began the work he would continue for the rest of his life. He completed a series of "thought suggestions" opposite key verses throughout the Bible. These are what became the "chain links" that comprise the heart of the Thompson system. Some in Dr. Thompson's church saw his Bible and told him this would be a great help to them in their Bible study too. They encouraged Dr. Thompson to have his Bible, with its extensive marginal references, published so that everyone could enjoy the blessing of this helpful study system. In 1908, the first edition of the Thompson® Chain-Reference® Bible was printed. It became known as the most helpful, comprehensive, and unbiased study Bible available. After Dr. Thompson’s passing in 1940, his work and legacy continued with several major updates and enhancements to the study system over the years. The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible’s impact has grown as it has been offered in five English Bible translations as well as multiple Spanish editions. With over 100,000 topical reference and 8,000 chain topics, this Bible continues to offer a complete study library in one volume.
***Fits Deluxe Genuine Leather Bible Cover size XL.
How to Use the Thompson Chain Reference Bible: