The KJV Standard Lesson Commentary LARGE PRINT Edition contains all of the same helpful features as the regular edition, but in larger, easier-to-read type.
Get the most out of your Bible studies with the Standard Lesson Commentary®. Designed to meet the needs of all types of Bible studies, the best-selling annual commentary provides 52 weeks of study in a single volume and combines thorough Bible study with relevant examples and questions.
This best-selling guide to the International Uniform Lesson Series contains 52 - Eight-Page, easy to use Sunday school lessons for teachers, with discussion questions and suggested answers. Each lesson fits into a six-year plan to study the Bible, and every text is indexed for easy reference throughout the six-year period. 512 pages in the Large Print Edition.
- 8 pages for every Bible lesson
- Verse-by-Verse explanation of the Bible text
- Printed KJV Bible Text for each lesson, including complete lesson background information.
- Activity teaching ideas
- Lesson aims for effective teaching
- Daily Bible Reading Plan
- Quarterly quiz
- Pronunciation guide
- Culturally relevant discussion questions with “talking points”
- Verbal illustrations to bring the commentary to life
- Lesson plans with learning activities
The Standard Lesson Commentary is based on the popular Uniform Series. This series, developed by scholars from numerous church fellowships, outlines an in-depth study of the Bible over a six-year period. The four main themes of the 2021-2022 study are:
- Celebrating God--Exodus, 2 Samuel, Psalms, Mark, Acts, Revelation
- Justice, Law, History--Pentateuch, 2 Samuel, Ezra, Job, Isaiah, Nahum
- God Frees and Redeems--Deuteronomy, Ezra, Matthew, John, Romans, Galatians
- Partners in a New Creation--Isaiah, John, Revelation
The Standard Lesson Commentary is perfect as the primary resource for an adult Sunday school class, for personal study, or as a supplemental resource for any curriculum that follows the ISSL/Uniform Series. Nearly three dozen ministers, teachers, and Christian education specialists contribute their expertise to Standard Lesson Commentary.
1st Sunday in September to the last Sunday in August