As the nation's most popular annual Bible commentary for more than 2 decades, the Standard Lesson Commentary provides 52 weeks of study in a single volume and combines thorough Bible study with relevant examples and questions for both Sunday School Teachers and Students alike.
The KJV Standard Lesson Commentary Deluxe Edition includes the Large Print edition of the commentary, reproducible activity pages, and a downloadable eCommentary collection.
The unique eCommentary collection includes:
- Full text of the Standard Lesson Commentary (both KJV and NIV® editions)
- Full KJV Bible
- PowerPoint® presentations
- Digital files of lesson visuals (in .jpg format)
- Standard Bible Dictionary
- Standard Bible Atlas
- Strong’s Concordance
- Nave’s Topical Bible
- More than a dozen additional helps and resources
***Each 2022-2022 Standard Lesson Commentary Deluxe edition includes a unique printed code to unlock your choice of the Wordsearch Starter Engine or Logos Basic Library. Detailed instructions are included on the inside front and back covers. After installing one of the software programs on your computer, you will be able to add the Standard Lesson Commentary.
Get the most out of your Bible studies with the Standard Lesson Commentary®. Designed to meet the needs of all types of Bible studies, the best-selling annual commentary provides 52 weeks of study in a single volume and combines thorough Bible study with relevant examples and questions.
This best-selling guide to the International Uniform Lesson Series contains 52 - Eight-Page, easy to use Sunday school lessons for teachers, with discussion questions and suggested answers. Each lesson fits into a six-year plan to study the Bible, and every text is indexed for easy reference throughout the six-year period. 448 pages.
- 8 pages for every Bible lesson
- Verse-by-Verse explanation of the Bible text
- Printed KJV Bible Text for each lesson, including complete lesson background information.
- Activity teaching ideas
- Lesson aims for effective teaching
- Daily Bible Reading Plan
- Quarterly quiz
- Pronunciation guide
- Culturally relevant discussion questions with “talking points”
- Verbal illustrations to bring the commentary to life
- Lesson plans with learning activities
The Standard Lesson Commentary is based on the popular Uniform Series. This series, developed by scholars from numerous church fellowships, outlines an in-depth study of the Bible over a six-year period. The four main themes of the 2021-2022 study are:
- Celebrating God--Exodus, 2 Samuel, Psalms, Mark, Acts, Revelation
- Justice, Law, History--Pentateuch, 2 Samuel, Ezra, Job, Isaiah, Nahum
- God Frees and Redeems--Deuteronomy, Ezra, Matthew, John, Romans, Galatians
- Partners in a New Creation--Isaiah, John, Revelation
The Standard Lesson Commentary is perfect as the primary resource for an adult Sunday school class, for personal study, or as a supplemental resource for any curriculum that follows the ISSL/Uniform Series. Nearly three dozen ministers, teachers, and Christian education specialists contribute their expertise to Standard Lesson Commentary.
1st Sunday in September to the last Sunday in August