The fruit of Dr. C. I. Scofield's decades of reflection on the Word of God have been augmented (not revised) in this edition, appropriately named the KJV Scofield Study Bible III (3rd Edition) to make the ideas underlying the Scofield® Study Bible's annotations clearer to modern readers. An abundance of factual information is presented in topical articles, charts, and lists that add depth and richness to study time. Enhanced book introductions, accurate in-text maps, authoritative full color maps, and page bottom notes broaden the context of the reader's understanding.
Everything about this edition has been designed to encourage serious Bible study. First-time students and seasoned believers alike will find the Scofield® Study Bible III, King James Version to be a trustworthy guide to the panorama of God's plan of salvation.
Two beautiful new bonded leather colors of the Scofield® III are also now available. Their three-piece binding features a stylish basketweave pattern that overlaps the spine. There's also new packaging with a die cut window that lets consumers see and feel the binding material. Plus, the new Duradera Zipper covers are now available as well. They have the look and feel of the Bonded Leather editions, with the page protection of a zipper cover.
Key features include:
- An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system that enables readers to follow major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture.
- Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips.
- Expanded introductions include detailed outlines of each book.
- Study note biblical references are now in the familiar chapter-and-verse format.
- Bottom-of-the-page study notes permit quick retrieval of interesting data.
- Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns locate place name references and explain the meaning of personal names in their original languages.
- Striking new page design and crisp typeface make reading easy on the eyes.
- Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts help orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text.
- Nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield® (including all notes on Dispensations, Covenants, and Summary notes) are now featured as in-text articles, making them easier to locate and read.
- Sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history.
- New indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
- 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world.
- Select KJV Concordance.
Available Bindings & Colors:
- Bonded Leather Black or Burgundy (Thumb-Indexed)
- Montana Zipper Black (Non-Indexed)
- Bonded Leather Basketweave Black & Burgundy or Brown & Tan (Thumb-Indexed)
- Genuine Leather Black or Burgundy (Thumb-Indexed)
(All Non-Thumb-Indexed editions, except for Duradera Zipper Black Non-Indexed, have gone out of print from Oxford University Press. Only Thumb-Indexed editions are available in Bonded Leather and Genuine Leather.)
***Fits Deluxe Genuine Leather Bible Cover size Large.
- All Case Specials of this product are Non-Returnable.