NEW EDITION - Tentatively Ready to Ship the week of January 24-28, 2022.
Now taking Pre-Orders.
***As an update, we are pleased to say that these bibles have DELIVERED from the Netherlands to our Tennessee Distributor on 1/18/22.
It will take a few business days for the bibles to be received, labeled, and prepared for fulfillment, but we are prayerfully optimistic that Pre-Orders will begin fulfilling no later than Monday 1/24/22. - The KJV Store Staff.
- NEW 2022 FEATURE: Art-Gilt (Red under Gold) Page Edges
- NEW 2022 FEATURE: Premium French "PrimaBible" 32 GSM Bible Paper
The KJV Store's signature "KJV Classic Wide Margin Study Bible (With C.I. Scofield Notes)" is now available in ultra-premium Goatskin Leather. It features the same ultra-premium quality goatskin leather found in the best- known premium bible brands (such as Cambridge and R.L. Allan), and is printed and bound in the Netherlands by Royal Jongbloed, considered by many to be the finest bible bindery in the world. As such, and in response to popular demand from our customers, we have endeavored to produce quite possibly the finest KJV Scofield Bible ever published.
100 Years in the Making
Dr. C.I. Scofield, after more than thirty years of study, completed his first edition of the "Old Scofield Reference Bible" in 1909. Then his Second Edition, commonly known as the Classic Edition, was completed in 1917. From the "Preface to the Present Edition" found in the preface of this very bible, Dr. Scofield wrote: "The very large demand for the Scofield Reference Bible in every part of the world, and the consequent large and repeated printings, have made it necessary to reset the entire Bible in new type that the high standard of the Oxford University Press may be maintained, and the public furnished with this Bible in the highest form of the printer's art."
Now, over 100 years later, The KJV Store has attempted to furnish Dr. Scofield's renowned bible "in the highest form of the binder's art", while maintaining the original 1917 typesetting in all it's historical glory.
The KJV Classic Wide Margin Study Bible (With C.I. Scofield Notes) - Goatskin Edition contains the original 1917 notes from Dr. C.I. Scofield and original cross-references in a Center-Column format and is matched to Dr. Scofield's time-honored study system, with book introductions, center-column subject chain references, chronologies, and same-page text helps that provide "Help where Help is Needed." It’s no wonder that the Scofield Bible is likely the best-selling KJV Study Bible of all-time. Finally, this revered study bible is available with wide margins, red letter text, and an ultra-premium quality binding befitting of its all-time status.
Wide Margin, Red Letter, Premium Leather
- The KJV Classic Wide Margin Study Bible (With C.I. Scofield Notes) our best-selling style of KJV Scofield Bible, features Enlarged Outside, Top, and Bottom Margins for Note Taking, the widest margins of any Scofield Bible.
- This is also the first time in over 15 years that a KJV Scofield Study Bible with Wide Margins for Note Taking includes the Words of Christ in Red.
- Finally, this is the first ever KJV Scofield Bible to be printed and bound using the same Goatskin Leather, by the same bindery, as the two oldest premium leather bible publishers (Cambridge University Press & R.L. Allan / Oxford University Press).
"Edge-Lined" Goatskin Leather
This luxurious, ultra-premium Goatskin leather bible is "lined to the edge" with Genuine Split Calfskin Leather, and features a sewn binding for extreme flexibility that will lay flat when open on a desk or pulpit. It’s perfect for preachers, teachers, outliners, and note takers who appreciate the Scofield study notes, as well as room to write their own.
Published by The KJV Store
Best of all, this premium edition of the Scofield Study Bible is published by The KJV Store, which means it comes with the quality you would expect from The #1 Source for King James Version Bibles.
- Luxurious, Soft, Natural Black Goatskin Leather Cover
- Genuine Split Calfskin Leather-lined to the Edge with Gilt Lining around the inside of the Case
- Full overlapping yapp cover with a nearly 1" yapp
- Smyth-Sewn Pages for extreme flexibility
- NEW: Art-Gilt (Red under Gold) Page Edges
- NEW: Premium French "PrimaBible" 32 GSM Bible Paper
- 3 Burgundy Ribbon Markers
- Wide Margin Measurements: 1/4" Inside, 1-1/2" Outside, 1" Top, 1" Bottom
- Large Trim Size (7-1/4 X 10-3/4 X 1-3/4")
- Words of Christ in Red
- Clear Readable Typeface
- Complete 1917 Edition Study Notes by Dr. C.I. Scofield
- Complete Old Scofield references in center-column
- Introduction to each book of the Bible
- Subject Chain References
- Same-Page Text Helps and Subheadings
- Presentation Page and Family Record Section
- Translator's Preface to the Reader
- Translator's Preface to the King James / Epistle Dedicatory
- Introduction and Explanation of Scofield Study Features
- How to Use the Subject References
- Dictionary of Proper Names
- Notes Section
- Bible Maps
- Gift Box
- Printed and Bound in the Netherlands by Royal Jongbloed
- Pure, Trustworthy KJV Cambridge Text
***Fits Deluxe Genuine Leather Bible Cover size XL.
Genuine Leather-Lined "Lined to the Edge" Binding:
The KJV Classic Wide Margin Study Bible's Genuine Split Calfskin Leather "lined to the edge” style binding carefully joins the cover to the Bible, using several flexible components which eliminates restrictions and stress points often found in paste-off or glue-bound methods. This unique style of binding offers the utmost flexibility, thus allowing your Bible to withstand years of continuous use. The “Genuine Leather-Lined” binding combined with Smyth-Sewn pages set this bible apart in terms of flexibility and durability.
The binding also features a rounded spine, with Gold Art Gilt page edges and rounded corners, as well as an Oxford hollow for the ultimate in "Lay Flat" design. This leather-lined edge-lined style, with it's generous full yapp cover (that protects and covers the page edges when closed), is the most complex and labor intensive bible binding technique in the world.