The beauty of the KJV Cameo Reference Bible from Cambridge is its solution to the age-old problem of providing readable type in a book of manageable size. The Cameo was originally produced in the 1920's for letterpress printing and is now re-issued in response to continued consumer interest, in a new range of binding styles.
The print image has been enhanced, so while the text has the same familiar layout and the original Petit Medieval Clarendon type, it is now sharper than in recent printings, and also features the Words of Christ in Red.
Imitation Leather Edition
The Bible is bound in black imitation leather. Imitation Leather is an attractive cover material with some visual and tactile resemblance to real leather, but at a lower price. This edition is highly decorative, and very flexible, still featuring Smyth-Sewn Pages and a sewn binding, at a more economical price. The Bible has one black ribbon marker and is handsomely finished with Gilt Page Edges.
Goatskin Leather Edition
This special Bible, for the discerning Bible scholar, offers the ultra-compact Cameo text in a superlative flexible black goatskin leather binding, and is edge-lined with Imitation Leather (as only the best bible publishers in the world still do). It is printed on a smooth, opaque and resilient paper with Art-Gilt (red under gold) Page Edges, and includes two red ribbon markers to help find the reader's place.
- Imitation Leather: Gilt Page Edges and Opaque Lightweight Bible paper, 1 Black Ribbon Marker
- Goatskin Leather: Edge-Lined with Imitation Leather, Art-Gilt Page Edges, and Opaque Lightweight Bible paper, 2 Red Ribbon Markers
- Printed on ultra-thin, smooth and Opaque Lightweight paper
- Compact Carrying Size at 5-1/4 x 7-1/2 x 1-1/4"
- Font: 8 Point Petit Medival Clarendon, bold and easy to read
- Red-Letter Text
- Presentation Page
- Translator's Preface to King James / Epistle Dedicatory
- Center-Column References
- Smyth Sewn Pages / Sewn Binding enables the bible to open flat
- Ribbon Markers (1 Black Ribbon Marker in Imitation Leather Edition, 2 Red Ribbon Markers in Goatskin Leather Edition)
- Topical Sub-Headings
- Pronunciation Marks
- 135 Page Concordance to the Old and New Testaments
- 15 Full-Color Cambridge Bible Maps
***Fits Deluxe Genuine Leather Bible Cover size L (Very Loose Fit).
Cambridge Leather Definitions:
An attractive cover material with some visual and tactile resemblance to real leather, but at a lower price. May often be very colorful and highly decorative, and is very flexible.
A superlative flexible black goatskin leather binding, edge-lined with Imitation Leather made of only the most resilient, top-quality, natural grain leather that is only used in the finest bindings.