Do you get challenged by others when using your King James Bible?
Do you wish you had answers to those well-worn accusations against your KJV?
In early 2015, authors Jack McElroy and David W. Daniels felt a burden to help other Christians whose faith was being challenged. They recorded two unrehearsed interviews where they answered many anti-KJV accusations to show you why you CAN trust just on Bible —The King James Version.
The videos are available on YouTube, however, this printed book edition has much MORE information and documentation.
You’ll get answers to the most common anti-KJV accusations:
- Was King James a homosexual?
- Where was the Bible before 1611?
- How can we know God endorsed the KJV?
- I got saved reading the NIV. How can you say it’s no good?
- Is it true no doctrines were changed in modern versions?
Those who defend modern versions can no longer deny the changes publishers have made in their Bibles. They often fall back on several common accusations: “King James was gay” or “The KJV is too hard to understand.” The answers to these questions and many more are in this book.
Don’t be defenseless when someone attacks your KJV Bible. Be ready with answers!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Yes, We Can! (Trust Just One Bible)
- A Unique Claim
- Without Trust in the King James, Anything Goes
- One Book Fulfills God's Purpose of Preservation
Chapter 2: Was King James a Homosexual?
- The Most Secure Place: a King's Bedchamber
- Reasons for High Security
- Image: the Gunpowder Plot
- Lesson from King Ahasuerus
- Reasons for Leaning on Others
- The Language of Love
- A Soft Word...
- "Worshipping" His Wife
- Image: the Hampton Court Conference
- Love for the Queen
- About the Accusers
- False Witnesses
- Weldon's Change of Heart
- Image: Sir Anthony Weldon
- Dead Man Writing?
- James' Speech Before Parliament
- "Access to His Bedchamber" — Exposed
- Nothing to Do with Translating
- King's Provision for the Translators
Chapter 3: Where Was the Bible Before 1611? And How Can We Know God Endorsed the KJV?
- Being Assembled
- Earlier English Bibles
- A Bible that Gets Results
- 400 Years of Proof Does Matter
- Discarded Bible Versions
- Can't "God" Get His Bible Right?
- A Copy of Scripture Is Still Scripture
- Up to God to Preserve His Words
- Muslims Love Textual Criticism
- To Islam and Back, Over the Bible
Chapter 4: I Got Saved Reading the NIV. How Can You Say It's No Good?
- Don't We Want God's Words?
- We Don't Want a Flexible Bible
Chapter 5: The Geneva Bible — What's Wrong with It?
- Close, But No Banana
- Errors in the Geneva
- Not as Literal and Clear
- Dated Footnotes
Chapter 6: Is "King James Only" a Non-Scholarly Position?
- I Called Them Names, Too
- Not a Question of Schooling
- Do We Believe What God Said?
- Not Scattered Words
- God Loves His Children
- Would God Do Any Less?
Chapter 7: Are King James Bible Believers Church Splitters?
- Who Really Split that Church?
- What If They Turn from the KJV?
- Find Another Church?
- Be Ready with an Answer
Chapter 8: Is the NKJV Just as Good as the KJV?
- Pulling You from the KJV
- "Perfect Transition Bible"
- Buy Them All!
- One World Bible for One World Religion
Chapter 9: Where Does God Say He'd Preserve His Words in a 17th Century Book?
- If God Did It Right the First Time
- What Did Ezra Do?
- What Did Jesus Do?
- What Did the Levites Have?
Chapter 10: Is It True No Doctrines Are Changed in Modern Versions?
- "We Don't Need 1 John 5:7!"
- Image: Charles Taze Russell
- The "New Translation"
- Omitted Without Note or Comment
- The Making of a Cult
- Fundamentals of the Faith?
- Words Mean Something
- 1 Timothy 3:16 "Without Controversy"
- They Took out a Single Line
- Changed Just a Little Bit
- A Gospel of Works?
- A Sinless Christ Is Critical
Chapter 11: How Some Preachers Trick You When Defining Greek Words
- But the Original Greek Says...
- Really Another Translation
- The Work Is Already Done
Chapter 12. Why Should God's Word Be Restricted to English?
- God Has to Pick a Language
- Modern Bibles Don't Agree
- Must You Read Greek and Hebrew?
- The Cross-References Must Work
Chapter 13: If You Were the Devil What Would You Do?
- Get a Piece of the Action
- Keep People from Faith
- Corrupt -Not Peddle- the Words
- Why "Corrupt" and Not "Peddle"
- The Quality of the Product
Chapter 14: What's Wrong with the New King James?
- Once You Start Changing...
- Know a Book by Its Enemies
- The Love of Money
Chapter 15: Should We Dump the KJV Because of Archaic Language?
- Vocabulary Level of a 51/2 Year Old
- Archaic Words Today
- Everyone Learns New Words
Chapter 16: Are You Crazy for Being "KJV Only"?
- Don't Force-Feed Them
- Changed My Whole Life!
Chapter 17: How They Kill Your Faith in the Bible in Most Bible Colleges
- Bible Colleges Often Have an Agenda
- Original Autographs Only
- Textual Criticism
- Taught to Doubt
Chapter 18: Must Scholars Tell You What God Really Means, or Did God Preserve His Words?
- You Must Agree on a Document
- You Must Agree on the Wording
- You Must Know the Words to Obey Them
- Didn't God Say What He Meant?
- No "Original Documents" Bible
- Scholars' Wild Goose Chase
Chapter 19: Did Westcott and Hort Do Their Job? Or Did They Have Another Agenda?
- They Didn't "Revise" the King James
- Opponents of Revision
- Trusting Men's Opinions over Scripture
- Images: BF Westcott & FJA Hort
- Shady "Rules of Revision"
- Ignorant Hatred of the Received Text
- Text Switched for Alexandrian
- They Didn't Do Their Job
Chapter 20: Did Jesus Lie to His Own Brothers?
- "Are You Coming with Us?"
- "No" or "Not Yet"?
- Even One Sin Makes a Sinner
- "Then How Do I Trust John 3:16?"
Chapter 21: Jack McElroy's Conclusion
- Christians Taught Not to Trust
- A Defective Foundation?
- Many Bibles Make God Look Bad
- "The God of Many Bible Versions"
- Version Confusion
- 4 or 40? 70 or 72?
- 77 or 490?
- If the Numbers are Wrong, What Else Is?
- 4 Reasons the KJV is "the Book"
- Its Success: Its Longevity and Consistency, Its Integrity, Its Impact
- The Bible or the Best Imposter
Chapter 22: David W. Daniels' Conclusion
- Every Reason To Be Confident
- We Care That You Trust God's Words