Tentative Pre-Order / Backorder Due Date is 2/4/21.
The Large Print KJV Thompson® Chain Reference® Study Bible, our best-selling Thompson Bible, is now available with fresh characteristics. Discover its soft, buttery lambskin leather cover with Red Letter Text! This full-featured study Bible features a luxurious Lambskin leather cover, “lined to the edge” with gilded page edges, the way only the most renowned Bible publishers still make bibles, and a sewn binding for extreme flexibility that lies flat when open on a desk or pulpit.
100 Years of the Thompson Chain
The KJV Thompson® Chain-Reference® study Bible, first developed by Dr. Frank C. Thompson in 1908, is designed for devotional reading, group study, individual prayer, preparation of Sunday School materials, Pastoral study and preaching, and for Bible students of all ages. With over 100,000 references connected directly or indirectly through the Thompson Study System, this Bible is the most unique and complete topical study system available, and is now available in Large Print and luxurious Lambskin Leather. Its practicality and ease of use make it the most complete one-volume Biblical tool available, and our lambskin edition is quite possibly the finest quality KJV Thompson Chain Reference Bible of the century.
"Influence-Free" Study Bible
A Thompson® is considered by some to be the only true "Influence-Free" Study Bible. This is the one very important difference between a Thompson® and most other study Bibles. Most study Bibles fill their margins with another person's commentary. These are notes from a knowledgeable author who tries to explain the text to you. Commentaries can be useful, but every author has his or her own view and biased agenda. Commentaries offer wide and often opposing influence. The Thompson® Bible is "influence-free," because instead of commentary, the margins are filled with thousands of chain-references® that propel you ahead into Scripture. Scholars agree that the Bible is its own best commentary, and the Thompson® Chain-Reference® Study Bible is built on this premise.
Published by The KJV Store
Best of all, this premium edition of the large-print KJV Thompson® Chain Reference® study Bible is published by The KJV Store, which means it comes with the quality you would expect from The #1 Source for all things KJV, and at only a fraction of the price of other premium leather bibles such as R.L. Allan or Cambridge.
- Buttery Soft Black Lambskin Leather Cover
- Quality, flexible Imitation Leather-lined to the Edge
- Smyth Sewn Pages for extreme flexibility
- Sewn Edging and Perimeter Stitching on the Outside Lambskin Leather Cover
- Raised Hubs on Spine
- Gold Gilded Page Edges
- Quality 22#lb. U.S. Bible Paper, Equivalent to 32 GSM
- Sewn Edging on the Outside Lambskin Leather Cover
- Raised Hubs on Spine
- Large Print 9 Point Font (the largest available on any Thompson Chain)
- Fifth Edition Printing / 1988 Copyright Edition Printing
- Clear, Readable, Size 9 Font Typeface (The largest print available on any KJV Thompson Chain)
- Red Letter Text
- Over 100,000 references connected directly or indirectly
- Alphabetical & Numerical indexes that allow you to trace any of the 8,000 topics throughout the Bible
- Outline Studies of each book
- Bible character studies
- Updated archaeological supplement with photos and maps
- Revised Concordance
- Journey maps
- Bible harmonies and illustrated studies
- 16 pages of exclusive full-color maps
- Presentation Page and Family Record Section
- 2 Ribbon Markers
- Gift Box
- Printed and Bound in the U.S.A.!
- Pure, Trustworthy KJV Cambridge Text
***Fits Deluxe Genuine Leather Bible Cover size XL.
We have previously sold Lambskin bibles for as much as $275.00 that did not come near the quality of this large-print KJV Thompson® Chain Reference® study Bible or contain its excellent study features. This is one of the most affordable KJV Lambskin bibles available and is the best quality to boot.
The KJV Large Print Thompson Chain Reference Bible's "lined to the edge” style carefully joins the cover to the Bible, using several flexible components which eliminates restrictions and stress points often found in paste-off or glue-bound methods. This unique style of binding offers the utmost flexibility, thus allowing your Bible to withstand years of continuous use. The “imitation leather-lined” binding combined with Smyth-Sewn pages set this bible apart in terms of flexibility and durability.