100 Years of the Thompson Chain
Beloved and acclaimed for more than five generations, the Thompson® Chain-Reference® Bible is unparalleled in its ability to enrich personal devotions, topical study, and sermon preparation. This unique reference Bible enables you to search the breadth of Scripture’s teachings on thousands of topics and allows you to follow those topics throughout the entire Bible. With over 100,000 references, covering over 8,000 topics, the chain-reference system is an ideal tool for comprehensive topical study. The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible also offers a library of additional study resources that allows readers to interpret the Bible using related scripture passages rather than consulting a commentary.
The KJV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible is printed in the KJV Comfort Print® typeface for easy reading. Expertly designed specifically to be used for the King James Version (KJV) text, Comfort Print offers an easier reading experience that complements the translation. This Bible also features a fresh, two-color design that preserves the original look of the chain-reference system, while making each page cleaner and easier to read.
"Influence-Free" Study Bible
A Thompson® is considered by some to be the only true "Influence-Free" Study Bible. This is the one very important difference between a Thompson® and most other study Bibles. Most study Bibles fill their margins with another person's commentary. These are notes from a knowledgeable author who tries to explain the text to you. Commentaries can be useful, but every author has his or her own view and biased agenda. Commentaries offer wide and often opposing influence. The Thompson® Bible is "influence-free," because instead of commentary, the margins are filled with thousands of chain-references® that propel you ahead into Scripture. Scholars agree that the Bible is its own best commentary, and the Thompson® Chain-Reference® Study Bible is built on this premise.
Premier Collection Bibles combine fine craftsmanship with ultimate readability. They are bound in the softest, finest goatskin available and feature quality finishes such as beautiful art gilding, durable edge lining, and three thick ribbon markers. Encased in a durable 2-piece box and elegantly wrapped in protective paper, each Premier Collection Bible is safely secured and packaged with careful attention to detail.
"Edge-Lined" Goatskin Leather
This luxurious goatskin leather Thompson® Chain Reference® Bible is "lined to the edge", the way only the most renowned Bible publishers still make bibles, and features a sewn binding for extreme flexibility that will lay flat when open on a desk or pulpit. It’s perfect for preachers, teachers, and students of the Word who will appreciate the Nelson "Comfort Print" font in a premium leather binding. The binding is of such fine quality that it comes with a Lifetime Guarantee from Thomas Nelson.
- Complete text of the King James Version (KJV)
- Easy-to-understand chain-reference system with over 100,000 references
- Alphabetical and numerical indexes highlight study materials for over 8,000 topics, each with its own topic number, for exhaustive topical study
- An extensive study resource section includes biographical sketches, illustrated studies of the Bible, a concordance, Bible harmonies, and many other helpful study tools
- Topical Sub-Headings
- Fresh, two-color page design
- 66 book introductions
- 16-page full-color map section with map index
- Line-matched text for enhanced readability
- Black letter edition
- Hand-bound in a supple Goatskin Leather cover with Raised Spine Hubs
- Edge-Lined Binding with full leather-lining for the utmost durability
- Smyth-Sewn Pages and Edge-Lined construction for flexibility
- Gilt line stamping and perimeter stitching
- Premium European Bible paper, 36 GSM
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Art gilded page edges
- Three double-sided satin ribbon markers, each 3/8-inch wide
- Exclusive Thomas Nelson KJV Comfort Print® typeface
- Easy-to-Read Larger Print Size: 9.5 Font
- 7-1/4 x 10-1/4 x 1-7/8" Dimensions (with Overlapp)
- 6-1/2 x 9-1/4 x 1-7/8" Trim Size (size of Book Block / Printed Pages)
Zondervan ISBN: 9780310459279
What are Comfort Print® Bibles?
Imagine how much more enjoyable the Bible reading experience would be if one didn’t have to strain to read it. Thanks to new, easy-to-read Comfort Print® Bibles from Thomas Nelson, eye fatigue will no longer cut short readers’ time in God’s Word. Designed with great precision and purpose, the exclusive new Comfort Print® Bibles by Thomas Nelson allow readers’ eyes to flow smoothly along the lines of text so they can take in more of the story.
These newly designed KJV Bibles feature the custom Thomas Nelson KJV Font, designed by 2K/DENMARK, a company renowned for their decades of experience in Bible typesetting and design. Their founder, Klaus Krogh, was inspired in his creation of the KJV font by the font used in one of the earliest Thomas Nelson Bibles from the 1840s, which he discovered in Edinburgh, Scotland. 2K/DENMARK’s Bible typefaces “are designed to serve one purpose; to contain the message of the Word of God.”