Author: David W. Daniels
Is Masonry Biblical? Who will you trust to find out?
This book has a specific purpose: It will help you to find out what Masonry believes, compared to what the Bible says. If we want to understand Masonry, we need to find out what is taught to its leaders and higher-degree Masons and compare that to what the Bible says.
You must be able to answer this question with confidence and understanding: "Should a Christian be a Mason?"
To do that, we need to find out these things:
- Where did Masonry come from?
- What do Masons believe?
- Who can we trust for our information?
- Who is God, according to these trusted authorities?
- Is the God of the Bible the same as the god of masonry?
By the end of this book you will be able to answer these questions for yourself.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Masonry's Secret Origin
Chapter 2: Masonic Beliefs Exposed
Chapter 3: Who Will You Trust?
- Joseph Fort Newton
- Albert Pike
Chapter 4: Masonry's Position on the Bible
- Is the Bible Their Source and Guide?
- The Bible to a Christian
Chapter 5: Masonic Symbols for Deity
- What Are the Sun and Moon in Masonry?
- The Triangle and the Eye: Sun and God
- The Eye of Gold: the Sun or the Deity
- The Sun, Triangle and Star: God and "Correct Knowledge"
- The Sun and Moon: Also Osiris and Isis
- The Sun and Moon: Also Hermes/Mercury/Thoth and the Master of the Lodge
- Mourning the Sun
Chapter 6: Masonic Teachings about Jesus
Chapter 7: Christ in a Pentagram?
- The Alpha-Omega Pentagram: The Divine in the Human
- The Pentagram as Ahura and the Four Male Emanations
Chapter 8: Baphomet: Masonry's Dirty Secret
- Éliphas Lévi's Influence on Masonry
- Éliphas Lévi's Drawing of the Baphomet
- Descriptions of the Baphomet
- How Albert Pike described the Baphomet
- What's missing from Pike's quotation of Lévi
- Pike's second Baphomet quote
Chapter 9: Conclusion
Chapter 10: Now What do I Do?