Author: James BellerIntroduction
"Ignorance of our heritage is not bliss. It's spiritual self-destruction."
Here is the soul stirring, non-stop account of the American baptized believers. In these pages are the long forgotten testimony retold with vivid fervor. This is the story of scorn, ridicule, and hatred conquered by sacrifice and devotion. It is the story of one group of Americans who through patience and suffering gave us the America we all now enjoy.
- The origins of old time religion.
- The American dissident who shed his blood in Boston for liberty 100 years before the Boston Massacre.
- The obscure New England native who became the most influential preacher in American history.
- The revival that led to the Bill of Rights.
- Harrowing experiences of early pioneer preachers.
- The true origin of the frontier camp meetingâ€”a unique American phenomenon.
- The religious cleansing campaign that took place in the foothills of the Appalachians in 1771.
- Once and for allâ€”was George Washington immersed as a believer at the conclusion of the Revolutionary War?
- The significance of Washington's battle sword.
Includes 240 index sources, 964 endnotes, 11 portrait illustrations and is an extensive source of illustrative stories.